This policy applies to information held about customers and prospective customers and all other persons about whom Alexena Cayless holds information. By ‘information’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use and store.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” means Alexena Cayless and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
What we collect
- your name;
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
- if required, your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code;
- information about you that you give us in person, at exhibitions and events or by filling in forms on our website www.alexenacayless.co.uk
- when browsing our website, standard Google Analytics data that will improve your experience with us
How we collect information about you
- collecting information you give to us when you purchase any product from us or visit us at one of our shows;
- you subscribe to our mailing list on our website or via mailchimp; and
- you give us information in person, over the phone, by email, or by post
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
- provide information about our products and services to you;
- keep you informed about our products, exhibitions and events we think you may find interesting;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- communicate with you; and
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the performance of contracts
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on Alexena Cayless’ business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; and (iv) for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information
We will not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section; and
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing to Alexena Cayless at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject. A small fee will be payable.
Where you are one of our customers or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about events and products (i.e. our postal invitations, email invitations or email alerts). You can unsubscribe from receiving such information at any time. You can unsubscribe from any electronic mailing we send you by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications, we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving such communications. If you opt out from receiving our marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes (i.e. if you unsubscribe, we will retain the necessary contact information for you to ensure that we do not contact you again, as per your wishes).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
When making a payment online via our website Alexena Cayless uses “Paypal Express Checkout” gateways to ensure the secure processing of any payment you make. All personal information supplied by you, including credit card numbers and contact details, is safeguarded on secure servers.
Cookies allow us to maintain what is known as a “user session.” A session allows us to track your progress through our site and ordering system via the cookie. Your cookie from our site expires once you turn off your browser.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to Alexena Cayless at email@example.com
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check this page frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.